Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Evaluation Q3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback provided a large insight as to how we should develop each aspect of our media products.
From our research the major insights that we gained were related to the genre as a whole.
Indie rock is not largly popular to just one group of people, from what we found it seems almost like indie rock fans are a collection of other genre fans that simply like the style of music that indie rock produces as a side to their primary genre, e.g somone may like a rock band such as ACDC, to them indie rock will seem a little out of the norm, but they still enjoy the music as with other genre followers such as pop. Somone who likes pop music is less likely to like indie rock as somone who likes rock music but it is still music they will enjoy.

The side effect to how this genre operates is that it was relativly difficult to pinpoint how we should go about the development of certain styles for our media products.

To determine how different audiences would expect to see an indie rock production I submitted a request to a music form for feedback on a popular indie rock music video.
To caputure the data I used google docs which was able to collect data and compile it in a speadsheet.

This image displays the audience research form that I posted to reddit/r/Music as a discussion topic.
This subreddit has 4.4 Million readers and I gathered a total of 243 responses which I was able to collaborate into a spreadsheet using google docs.
This data proved to be extremely beneficial to my research as it enabled me to gain an insight into how important the narrative was.






The image below displays how the results are collaborated into a spreadsheet.

The results are based on feedback to the following video.




No comments:

Post a Comment